Intelligent MDT-20 Machine Data Transducer for Production Machine Data Collection
MDT-20 provides up to four (24V to 230V AC/DC) connections to production machine’s operating controls. Automatically collect production, productivity and OEE data, run time, down time, cycle time, production rate, part and reject counts, end-of-line Case or Part count. MDT-20 tracks downtime in three different reasons:
- When machine is powered off. (A “must” for OEE and TEEP calculations).
- When machine is running slower than Job Standard.
- When one or two machine circuits are activated, such as from a fault
detector or out-of-material sensor, etc.
Also required for OEE calculation, MDT-20 tracks Rejects directly from a Reject Input, or indirectly by comparing Parts made with end-of-line Part/Case counter.
MDT operating power is connected to machine’s internal 120V or 230V AC main power. Supplied with wired or wireless Ethernet plant-floor communications.
The MDT-20 can be expanded with a low cost touch screen Tablet PC Operator Interface.
This is a very cost-effective MES and shop floor control system with standard and custom Functions:
- Operator enters 40 downtime reasons, 20 reject reasons & quantity
- Selecting next Job in Job Queue on PC or with Bar Code wand.
- Entering Non-Scheduled Mode–important for OEE.
- Entering Setup Mode—MDT can automatically track Rejects in Setup.
- Real-time OEE display including Availability, Performance, Quality
- Log on Operator and Maintenance staff for performance tracking.
- Machine Lockout output ensures Operator enters down reason.
- Plant-floor communications: MDT-20 to Tablet is Bluetooth, Tablet to system Poller PC is Ethernet (wired or wireless).
MDT-20/Tablet is an “intelligent” link from ANY production floor to ERP.
ERP Integration provides dynamic scheduling, real-world Job end forecasts, exact inventory, WIP and product cost data…and much more.